Friday, August 6, 2010

Mad About a Credenza, Man.

Does anyone else ever watch a TV show or movie and wish the character (s) would move away from standing in front of a piece of art or furniture in the set? And no, moving my head to the side does not get a better view of the interesting piece of furniture on the television, even though sometimes I try.




I just have to wait and hope there is a clearer shot.




And maybe there will be.




The paprika swivel chairs are cool and all, but I am totally crushing on that credenza in Don Draper's new office.

Simply mad (in a good way) over a credenza. It is so cool.


This season's set design on Mad Men may be my favorite, yet.
Has anything caught your eye?


(all images are screen shots from AMC )

10 comments:

Nathan said...

Favorite show on TV right now. I was actually lusting over what I believe was a Dunbar sofa in the old building, Roger's office maybe. That and the geometric printed chairs in Betty's new living room when they get it redone in season 3. I'm sure there's much more that I'm forgetting. I also drool over the suits, cuff-links, hats, etc.

Anonymous said...

Oh....Betty's "decorator" chairs are Hot, Nathan. There has been a glimpse of them in a couple shots this season.

Holyoke Home said...

Purrrrrr.........

Dana said...

i have heard so much about this show but have never been able to watch it...i think it's on a channel that i don't get? love that piece too!

Joanne said...

I'm like that with light fixtures! I'm always distracted from a scene if I spy a machine-age deco lamp or a to-die-for bronze sconce in the background. ;-)

modernemama said...

The tsunami of Saarinen in Roger Sterling's office!

Queen of the Testosterone Castle said...

I just stumbled on your blog using the "next blog" feature- and I adore your house!!! Are you in Athens? Skimming through your post led me to believe y'all must live nearby- we're in Watkinsville.

And I'm totally with you on the TV decor thing. I've been searching for a cow print that's in Adam and Christina's house in the show Parenthood since the premier episode! (and still can't find the darn thing!)

Brian said...

The credenza looks great! My wife also noticed that.

Anonymous said...

I have that credenza in storage. I was pretty amzed to see it on the set of Mad Men. It is a really cool piece!

Anonymous said...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300732345944?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Check it out on Ebay.