Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Walk: Graveyards....




After all ....it is October and the Spooky day will be here soon.



I decided to visit the local Confederate graveyard. I have lived in this town for years and years, yet never visited this place. Most of the young men who were buried here had never visited this place.



The golden moss or fungus on the Georgia Marble headstones was actually quite pretty.





Do you like to visit old graveyards? Do you find them interesting or just spooky?

Have a great Sunday.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

I love old cemeteries! My cousin's farm was across the road from one when we were all growing up, and I've always lived within walking distance of one. In fact, there's a huge cemetery, Calvary, less than a mile from our house, but I still haven't made it out to it yet, even though we've lived here since February. :-)

Marilyn said...

Jenni, I love this Sunday walk - perfectly pre-Halloween! I too love old cemeteries, they're like libraries - every stone a story. Thanks for the great post.

Anonymous said...

I love graveyards. I used to hang out in them frequently when I was in high school. Your post reminds me that a visit sometime soon would be a good idea...

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

i love old cemeteries. cooper used to think they were creepy, now he likes to go on vivi and i's daily walk to our city's graveyard. ...i just don't go after dark.

bytheway, i had no idea we were so close to you a couple of weekends ago. my whole life i've lived north of atlanta and have no clue of cities below I20. haha. :-)

Sandy said...

I love old cemeteries. As a matter of fact, I learned to drive in one! I really liked this post.

Nolan said...

Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon is wonderful! If you've never been, go in the early spring when the cherry blossom trees are blooming--it's gorgeous.

G8rAlly said...

I love old graveyards, because they are so peaceful, and because of how people choose to express their sorrow.