Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Planting Bulbs and Clearing Kudzu.

Saturday was a pretty day that I spent outdoors working in the yard.
A big box store had bulbs 75% off so I stocked up and bought several packages.
Daffodils, Tulips, Crocus, Iris, and Hyacinth. ( I know it is kinda late and all, but they were $1 a package. )




Total I dug. Hang on...let me get out the calculator.....


102 holes.

No wonder my hands hurt.



Well, I also used the loppers to clear out some of the privet that holds up the kudzu.


See



That, there, is the never before seen, from this direction, fence. The fence that Puppy patrols.

Yes, I know the picture does not look like much. But it really was. If you were only here to see in person.

I am really thinking about borrowing one of these.
After all who cares what the neighbors think. My shoulders still hurt.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

I wish I could work in our yard! Unfortunately, it's under a foot and a half of snow. :-)

Jen said...

We are gonna pay for that pretty weather starting tomorrow through next week with weather in the teens. Burrrrr... Cold, however, not be like Chicago burbs weather. Double burrrr....

Brenda said...

I like the goat idea - here in the Denver area there was a man on craigslist last year offering to rent out his herd, however many you needed, to clear weeds and such - I seriously considering asking him if he delivered to the city :)

The House That A-M Built said...

Hi Jenni, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your project sounds fascinating. I so admire 'renovating people'. They have skills and a vision that I can only strive to have. 102 holes?.... I think I might add 'tenacity' to that list also! A-M xx

modernemama said...

I wish it was warm enough to plant bulbs here...

Jen said...

Rent a goat....

I like the concept. Very Green.
Much better than all the sprays and poisons.

Actually...Hear that Papa Joe...That is a Good Idea.