Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Front Flower bed updates

Just in case you were wondering.......

Here is an update on the progress of the front flower beds.

To the right of the front door. For the before click here...



To the left of the front door. For the before click here...


I did not notice the bricks were crooked until I uploaded this pic. Sigh..........

Every day I do my rounds and pick off those mules, lubbers,or horse devils. What ever you want to call them. I have a smashing stick. Because they are too big to step on in the flip flops with out gross grasshopper guts getting on the feet. So far the only thing they have completely devoured are couple of zinnia and marigold seedlings.

I have also cleaned off 1/2 the back drive for the 10 thousandth time, and warned the husband about cluttering it up. The other half has the old steps from the old deck that we used as temporary steps for a month or so and a couple huge pressure treated pieces of lumber. They are toooooooo heavy for me to move. But....... the husband also has brought home a basketball goal on a metal post and plopped it right in the alley. I don't mind the basket ball goal, but I mind that the beast was plopped in the alley. (Believe me when I say that there is more of a chance of me moving the heavy old deck steps than this basketball goal and post.) I also know the value of scrap metal these days. So....... it better get moved or I am calling Fred Sanford.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think the crooked bricks add to the charm of the bed. It looks great!

Marilyn said...

Pretty! I hope I'm right and am seeing pretty sweet potato vine...not a lighter-colored dreaded kudzu!

Joanne said...

The flower beds look great! All the hard work has paid off.

Jean Martha said...

Fred Sanford?!?! Bah Ha Ha!

Jen said...

Bah Ha Ha!
It was a funny show!

Since I posted this I have had a few more Zinnias fall to the mules.....

Sandy said...

I dare you to call Fred! LOL

What are the green-leafed plants that look like philodendron? Everything looks SO pretty!