Saturday, April 5, 2008

Art Acquisition



I picked up the Framed Vintage Paint by Number at a flea market in Valley, AL a couple of weeks ago. I had seen it there before and passed it up. But the last time, I knew I just had to have it. The graphic nature of this PBN really spoke to me, and the color palette included several of the interior colors of the house.

The church PBN was a ebay find. Under $6 including shipping. But the pen or brush of this artist was not so good. A child maybe. I thought the color palette would be the same, it wasn't. Oh well..

After seeing Shelter's post on PBN's, I thought I would share my small collection.

I loved Paint by Numbers when I was a child. I usually painted the puppies and kittens, flowers and sunshine. But these vintage landscapes, when done well, are very attractive. And someone, somewhere spent hours painting in all the 1's green, then the 2's blue, and so on. That alone makes it a little more special than a framed print from a big box housewares store.

I wished mom still had some of those I completed as a child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I cleaned out the attic ten years ago. However, I do have the first picture that you painted that won a blue ribbon at an art show. You were age 4. It is red flowers with yellow centers. Quite good.

Mom