Saturday, March 29, 2008

Busy Week...


I had to drive to Atlanta, twice, due to poor planning on my part......
I did see all the missing windows and glass on the buildings in down town from the tornado the other week. If you click on these pics, you can see them too.

Connector Traffic was a complete stop on the way home so I took a short cut....
Georgia O'Keeffe and a Roman coin ?...second thought, maybe that is an Indian....??

Great Church door.
Endangered house, it is on the Georgia list. Not this list...but this list.
It reminds me of a favorite children's book.....with all the tall buildings around it.
This hotel is so....South Beach...
Anyway.........nothing new to report on the house....We have got to cut grass! But....... the lawn mower is missing a part. There is always something.....I am not sure how things around here get taken apart (since last summer I guess) and not put back together? I do have a little note beside the computer that reads Briggs + Stratton Model # 917.385 350, I guess that is what I am suppose to order.... sigh........

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice pics, Jenni - and I LOVE Virginia Lee Burtons "The Little House" - when my daughter was little we read it over and over. It's a perfect comparison for the house you saw.

Nolan said...

I've been trying to take that same picture of the Equitable Building and the Westin for a week but never seem to be able to! Stupid traffic ;)

Anyway, let me know next time you're up this way! We're just off of Langford Pkwy/Hwy 166, which is just a little south of I-20.

Nolan said...

I just took a look at the list, and my mom's old high school is there! Miller HS for Girls in Macon...she graduated in 1950, I think...also the Old Clinton historic district is a cool place, although I haven't seen it in probably 20 years. A shame to lose any of these places.

Jen said...

Thanks, I loved that book, too. Her drawings gave the house such emotion.

easy edges studio said...

Next time your in Atlanta...PLEASE let me know...I would love to meet up for lunch:)