Well..... a prize at least.... for your help in picking out exterior paint colors.
You'll have to work for the prize.
This is the house, as you have seen in the side bar, when we first looked at the place.
I use the older pic, because, actually since we have been working on de-ivying the place, it looks worse.
Below is a sketch of the same view.
Things we hate on the exterior........
1. the shutters.......they are cheap fake 60's looking things, that just aren't right with the house.
2. the iron railing......nice iron, but not craftsman in any way.
3. the storm door........cheap but functional until we get a new door.
4. the loovers in the attic.......functional, but windows would be so much better. One Day....
Things we love.........
1. the windows........nice features, that would look great accented.
2. the columns......more nice detail, see side bar. ->
3. the brackets......... need to be detailed with paint see close up here.
4. the rafter tails........also pretty cool.
5. the "shakes"in the pediment.
Things you should know....
The roof is grey...only 3 years old.
The porch ceiling is Haint Blue.......which historically works with just about any color.....
The porch floor is dark slate grey, slate.
(I do not really know what the deal is with the un painted "band of bricks" around the porch.)
Other things you should know....I may not actually use any color ways that are submitted, but we will pick a winner. Hint...I do like many of the daily bungalow's pictures on houseblogs flicker page.
Our area has no paint rules, but my rule is no white or beige, or tan. Classy but cool. We will use Benjamin Moore paint. Break out your crayons or photoshops and have a little fun.
You can email me at..... zinnia.art (at)gmail . Or leave a message on the blog.
Redemption in Corktown had some great suggestions for their paint colors, maybe we will too.
Thanks Corktown for a great idea. Visit their house a while, it's a great site and they are in the middle of an addition during a snowy winter.
I also thought I would show you the neighbor's houses. White..............
Cream. BM montgomery white...which very, very close to SW6379 jersey cream. The guy at the paint store told me he picked the paint for this house. I ask what colors to be sure I didn't get close when we painted.
The house across the street white and on the other side of each of the above houses white too.