Saturday, March 1, 2008

This Week in Pictures


The week started out warm and sunny. The blooms from a tree hidden in the vines were looking quite pretty.



I worked on the chair found in the basement. I painted it Paprika Red. An orangey red.

A war wound from the battle of trying to move this rail from the old deck in the back yard. When Chris took down the old deck months ago, it almost got him in the head. This time it did, get me in the leg. So far, the rail is winning, because it is still on the ground. I did beat it good with the sledge hammer to knock off the decorative parts.

Puppy watched from above in the sun.

Then it turned cold, high of 34. Flowers died. And we went inside.

I took this picture from out the window.

It is pretty again today. Maybe I will be able to clear coat the chair.

4 comments:

Dana said...

i love the orange used on your chair!!

Jan Marie said...

Just stick a knife right through my heart. Warm weather, flowers, wrought iron furniture, and decorative cast iron all in one post. LOL

I have chair envy and the magnolias are beautiful..

Sandy said...

I agree with Jan!

Jen said...

It did turn pretty cold for down here mid week, and those pretty magnolias---suffered severe frost bite.