Thursday, March 6, 2008

Once upon a midnight dreary....


........Suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

Ok........so there is no rapping or tapping at the door.....
But, this black beauty does fly up and land in this tree every time I drive up to the house.

He is telling me something.... I don't know what....no... I don't speak Crow.
He swawks and Ka, Kas at me. Is it a warning? Is he happy I am home?

I've tried to feed him. But he flys away, and of course Puppy steals the bread.

*EDIT* I am saying she is a she and not a he....and I am naming her Lenore.
Lenore was there again today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many years ago I did a term paper on that poem in Freshman English Yikes! That was back in the dark ages...1965. Poe has always been a favorite of mine. MOM