Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A little bit on spray paint...

Thought I'd share a little bit I learned while painting the outdoor furniture.

  • 5-n-1 tool , wire brush and steel wool used to clean up the metal, and remove rust.
  • Then I used the primer. If you are spraying with a darker color, use the grey primer.
  • Both of these primers worked very well, and had good coverage.
  • Don't waste your time and money on the less expensive paint. (Blue can with yellow top)It has bad coverage, and a terrible little spraying tip.
  • I loved how the kilz on the left sprayed. It was a very soft even spray, with a large spraying tip which is easier on your trigger finger.
  • The paprika red was a nice paint as well, but the tip was not as good as the kilz.
  • I used the gloss clear coat on everything, giving it that lacquer look. The clear coat made all the difference with the finished product.
Speaking of spray paint....
I also dug up this one from the archives....
Tina, those bubba teef are so pretty.

me -n-my ol' office crew.

Reminder your help is needed.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the product reviews and tips.... I had noticed your furniture with envy, and thought of picking some up to refinish like that! I might have to do this!

Jean Martha said...

I have some spray-painting to do this weekend, if the weather cooperates! The clear gloss you used - is that Kilz as well? I can't tell from the pic.

Jen said...

Yes the clear is Kilz. Second from the left.

Joanne said...

Thanks for the reviews--I have some cast iron wall planters left by the P.O. that could do with some revitalization.

us said...

Oooh the Kilz clear coat is a great tip. Thanks!